Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: Evaluation System for Foreign Language Expert (China)  (Read 4472 times)

March 28, 2014, 11:52:05 AM
  • Administrator
    • ESL Teach Abroad
A new system has been constructed for teachers (professionals)  businessmen and woman to be able to continue with their application for working in China. It  came into effect recently and has to be completed to enable the release of documents to complete all the administration needs, for example: Letters of invitation and residency permits for your work visa. This system has been developed together with the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs, People's Republic China (PRC) and the Capital University of Economics and Business. It is designed to carry out the recently promulgated Administrative Licensing Law of the People's Republic of China.

The Law is being instituted in order to regulate the issuance of permits for foreign experts and to resolve current problems of introducing oral English teachers into the nation's public education services. In a long-term perspective, it will accelerate the building of the international professional personnel market, foster and standardize international personnel agencies and further strengthen market access, regulation and supervision.

This system consists of three subsystems: resume, written test, and an online interview. The tests comprise a general personnel evaluation profile and a general knowledge test on China and other current world topics. This system will automatically analyze these tests and generate an evaluation report. The results will help employers evaluate the candidate's basic information and his/her abilities to become a successful professional worker in China.

The evaluation system consists of five distinct parts:

1) Evaluation of the candidate’s posted résumé;
2) A Psychological Test;
3) Elementary Test;
4) Writing Examination, and;
5) An Online Interview which must be scheduled in advance. Finally, an evaluation report is available to the registered user so that he or she can see the numerical results of the three online exams (presumably with a maximum score of 100 on each subtest).

You can find the login area here but as far as I know the school that wants to employ you supplies the password and login details. http://evaluation.safea.gov.cn/login.php[/size]
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 04:36:51 AM by AirWalk »
An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't. www.eslteachabroad.com

March 28, 2014, 07:05:55 PM
Reply #1
  • Administrator
    • ESL Teach Abroad
The results for the personal character preference in the Evaluation are as follows: This doesn't increase your chances of improving your own character preference, it just gives an idea of your personality and on how you answer the questions yourself. I could post the results  for the whole test but the writing test (200 words in 15 minutes) results have to be manually graded and it takes a week. Here's the results for the character reference test which don't count for much in the whole test but do give employers an outlook as to how your character could suit there school or not, depending if they take your character reference seriously of not.

Score & Analysis

1. WARMTH/FRIENDLINESS
High scorers tend to be warm, friendly and talkative;  Low scorers tend to be silent and distant.
Your score : 36  (maximum score: 50)

2. GREGARIOUSNESS
High scorers tend to be cheerful, enjoy getting together with others and like lively occasions.  Low scorers tend to avoid crowds and prefer solitude.
Your score : 30  (maximum score: 50)

3. POSITIVE EMOTIONS / CHEERFULNESS
High scorers consistently show positive emotions, such as happiness, optimism, and enthusiasm.  Low scorers tend to calm and serious.
Your score : 38  (maximum score: 50)

4. TRUST
High scorers tend to trust others and believe that others are honest, credible and have good intentions.  Low scorers tend to be cautious, pessimistic and suspicious.
Your score : 36  (maximum score: 50)

5. STRAIGHT-FORWARDNESS / MORALITY
High scorers tend to be frank, sincere and honest.   Low scorers tend to be clever, charming, flattering and tend to disguise their intentions.
Your score : 40  (maximum score: 50)

6. AULTRUISM
High scorers tend to look out for the good of other people, and are typically involved in charity work or other social causes.  Low scorers tend to be more interested in self-preservation, individual achievement, or thrift.
Your score : 37  (maximum score: 50)

7. COMPLIANCE / COOPERATION
High scorers tend to be willing to cooperate with others, acting gently and respectfully.    Low scorers tend to be stubborn, opinionated, and tend to have excessive demands.
Your score : 39  (maximum score: 50)

8. TENDER-MINDEDNESS / SYMPATHY
High scorers tend to be compassionate and sympathetic, showing that they care about others.   Low scorers tend to be narrow-minded and cold.
Your score : 37  (maximum score: 50)

9. COMPETENCE / SELF-EFFICACY
High scorers tend to be efficient, self-confident, smart and prepared.   Low scorers tend to be confused and forgetful, lacking self-confidence.
Your score : 47  (maximum score: 50)

10. ORDERLINESS
High scorers tend to be organized, systematic, accurate and orderly.    Low scorers tend to be disorderly and careless.
Your score : 47  (maximum score: 50)

11. DUTIFULNESS
High scorers tend to be responsible, reliable and meticulous.    Low scorers tend to be lazy, casual and absent-minded.
Your score : 49  (maximum score: 50)

12. SELF-DISCIPLINE
High scorers tend to try to overcome difficulties and complete tasks.  Low scorers tend to be dragging, giving up halfway through tasks, flinching upon meeting difficulties.
Your score : 46  (maximum score: 50)

13. ANXIETY
High scorers tend to be worried, fearful, nervous and restless.    Low scorers tend to be calm, relaxed and stable.
Your score : 19  (maximum score: 50)

14. ANGER / HOSTILITY
High scorers tend to get angry easily and are irritable.    Low scorers tend to be easygoing, good at managing and avoiding anger, seldom showing irritation.
Your score : 16  (maximum score: 50)

15. DEPRESSION
High scorers tend to experience feelings of guilt, sadness, disappointment and loneliness, often without cause.   Low scorers tend not to go through periods of sadness and have few feelings of abandonment.
Your score : 12  (maximum score: 50)

16. SELF-CONSCIOUSNESS
High scorers tend to feel shy, inferior, and embarrassed in social situations.    Low scorers tend to feel calm and confident in social situations.
Your score : 18  (maximum score: 50)

17. IMPULSIVENESS / IMMODERATION
High scorers tend to be unable to resist desires and find themselves pursuing short-term hedonism.    Low scorers tend to self-controlled and can resist temptation.
Your score : 19  (maximum score: 50)

18. VULNERABILITY
High scorers tend to feel startled easily, and are somewhat chaotic and helpless under pressure.    Low scorers tend to feel calm and confident.
Your score : 16  (maximum score: 50)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 11:15:42 PM by Kharma »
An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't. www.eslteachabroad.com

March 30, 2014, 10:39:16 PM
Reply #2
  • Administrator
    • ESL Teach Abroad
Understanding the reason for the test directs us towards a better reasoning for taking it or not. It's entirely up to the individual whether he/she takes the test but the BIG question is, are you still going to be hired? I'm not sure if it's at the experiment phase which some people have indicated on other websites or it's a serious case of if you fail, your not hired. I'm quite certain, the only important part of the test, the area that is taken seriously is the written test which is one question, answered by 200 words in 15 minutes. I made the mistake of not calculating my time, if I had of, my text would have been answered within the time frame. I wasn't sure If I had answered the questions within the desired time frame (15 minutes). I closed the program, pressed apply and closed the test when I could have continued for perhaps another 5 minutes.

Here's the reason for the test:

The results for the personal character preference in the Evaluation are as follows: This doesn't increase your chances of improving your own character preference, it just gives an idea of your personality and on how you answer the questions yourself. I could post the results  for the whole test but the writing test (200 words in 15 minutes) results have to be manually graded and it takes a week. Here's the results for the character reference test, that doesn't count for much in the whole test but does give employers and outlook as to how your character could suit there school or in some cases perhaps not, depending if they take your character reference seriously of not.

'This system consists of three subsystems: resume filtration; written testing, and an online interview. The tests will comprise a general personnel evaluation psychological profile and a general knowledge test on China and other current world topics. This system will automatically analyze these tests and generate an evaluation report. The results will help employers evaluate the candidate’s basic information and his/her abilities to become a successful professional worker in China. It will also offer candidates a reliable measuring tool to know their strengths and weaknesses and give a more accurate career orientation.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 11:15:11 PM by Kharma »

April 02, 2014, 02:23:18 PM
Reply #3
  • Administrator
    • ESL Teach Abroad
I've passed the Evaluation written test 85%/100 which I'm pleased about considering there was no original plan on the visa application schedule to take it. I've got all the information for the board but won't place it on a thread, If you want to know about the content of the exam please ask me in PM. I'm not considering to give answers because it wouldn't be fare. I will discuss the basic required scores of each exam category and some advice on what to be thinking about before you take it. It's not rocket science, it's more about completing the exam within time limits.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 11:12:03 PM by Kharma »

April 09, 2014, 07:03:10 PM
Reply #4
What's the reason for the test, the lack of educated and able teachers to do the job properly?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 11:11:48 PM by Kharma »

April 09, 2014, 07:13:23 PM
Reply #5
  • Administrator
    • ESL Teach Abroad
Read the above, the answers are clear there.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 11:11:31 PM by Kharma »

April 23, 2014, 11:37:19 PM
Reply #6
  • Administrator
  • Welcome & Enjoy the Forum!
    • ESL Teach Abroad
I think the evaluation test has attracted some attention. I'm not surprised considering very few people knew about it when originally applying for a teaching job in China. I wasn't shocked about having to take the test it really isn't anything to worry about as long as you do the test in a nice quiet place and watch your time. http://evaluation.safea.gov.cn/login.php

« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 04:37:23 AM by AirWalk »
Now recruiting ESL teachers for China. Visit www.eslteachabroad.com for more information and advice on how to upload your resume to our database.

April 25, 2014, 03:50:52 PM
Reply #7
  • Administrator
    • ESL Teach Abroad
Writing Test

This is the only one of the three tests that possesses any face validity as it is based on the types of questions typically found on the writing part of English tests for non-native speakers (e.g., TOEFL, IELTS), i.e., it asks the examinee to write a 200-word essay (about two short paragraphs) expressing an opinion on a common topic in which two points of view are proffered. The user has 15 minutes with which to formulate his position and finish the essay. As my writing sample has not—as of yet—been scored, I can’t address how subjective or not the scoring might be. My approach was to give validity to each side of the debate (although, in this particular case, that was an accurate reflection of how I felt). I am curious to see how I scored on the writing test.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 11:11:11 PM by Kharma »
Now recruiting ESL teachers for China. Visit www.eslteachabroad.com for more information and advice on how to upload your resume to our database.

August 25, 2014, 08:40:29 AM
Reply #8
  • Administrator
    • ESL Teach Abroad
Rumour has it that the Foreign Expert test is to be taken each year but that's what some people mention. Other mention that it doen't so we are not sure at the moment but we'll keep our ears open. Please don't ask for the answers to the test it's impossible to say which questions you will get. The last question changes every time you log onto your account.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 11:10:53 PM by Kharma »

February 05, 2015, 06:02:01 PM
Reply #9
  • Administrator
    • ESL Teach Abroad
The Evaluation System for Foreign Language Experts depend on the teacher who applies and the agency that calls home to you country of residence for your call to be a nice transition in to employment but the test is a little personal and some refuse to take the test but it's like this. If your an educated teacher and have ideas to teach in another country then it's well above their rights to ask questions that outline the factual responsibilities that you could take on such as this. Does your job lead your personality to want to know more about Chinese culture? well let's put it this way with out blame here.

The element of trust lies on several people your agent, the school's head of faculty and the government. If these three areas are covered and the questions are answered with the truth then even if your scores aren't what you expected the forms and test will be calculated and handed down from the government and you on your way. here's the strange part of the test when you have taken it even teachers that have been there for four or five years can't even remember if there is another test for the new contract the year after which leaves some nerves on end.

If this happens to one of our members then listen to this. Don't complain and never get worries you have absorbed your first year, then it's time to get on the battle grinder and get the next test if it's needed and then absorb the next year and believe me it gets tough when your a teacher than can read and teach all lessons from all levels. keep moving and then the other teachers can't even get close to you because your on a winner and then it's time to move before they boot you. Come home relax and move on with all the information the forum gives and the years under pressure as a teacher has given you.

ESL Teach Abroad Team
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 04:38:00 AM by AirWalk »

August 20, 2015, 01:59:54 PM
Reply #10
  • Administrator
    • ESL Teach Abroad
Evaluating the Evaluations

For the purposes of this article, I registered a user account and then proceeded to take each of the three online tests. Before answering each exam, I created digital snapshots of all the questions for further analysis. As the material is copyrighted, I cannot post the exam material on this site but, as you will soon learn, it is entirely unnecessary for me to do so for the purpose of preparing those who might be asked to participate in the evaluation. That is, based on what you will read, you will very easily be able to score quite high on these exams. And therein lies the first of many problems with this evaluation system.

The manner in which the exams are administered renders them completely useless (assuming the exams themselves were valid, which—as you will learn—they are not at all). Aside from the fact that there is no practical way to assure that the registrant is in fact the exam taker, one can create digital snapshots of all the questions as I did, look up the correct answers on the Internet, and then re-access each exam after a 24-hour wait period.

August 24, 2015, 09:29:15 PM
Reply #11
  • Administrator
    • ESL Teach Abroad
Not all schools follow this procedure for the test. We are now recruiting ESL teachers for the new school year from where you can ask out partner recruiter who is dealing with teachers requests more about the procedure for the test if you have to take it at all. Teachers are asked to contact us for new ESL positions at www.eslteachabroad.com. We will provide with a Skype or phone interview within 24 hours and have schools contact you the following day.

ESL Teach Abroad Admin
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 11:52:19 PM by Stephen »

August 24, 2015, 11:36:22 PM
Reply #12
  • Administrator
    • ESL Teach Abroad
Are you searching for employment overseas as an ESL teacher? I have a good contact for teaching in China that has continuously assisted foreigners to work in China with or without a degree. However you must hold at least some experience and have a TEFL certificate. I know other teachers that have used this recruiter and are still teaching there in China. The application system used by this recruiter is the most up to date system and all documents for a legal, trouble free application is assured.

There are other recruiters you may want to contact but you have to consider beforehand if you want your application to be within the new laws and guidelines that is required to teach legally. Once you have been through the system I mentioned, your able to stay in China for as long as you want and will be paying your taxes and totally legal. Your visa will be updated each year if your school decides to keep you on and you enjoy your teaching position.

There have been far to to many threads on forums that quite honestly have no idea of the laws and procedures to make a legal updated application for 2015. It's better to make an application that covers every law for foreigners working in China. If your application is done correctly the first time, it's going to make your stay a whole lot better. Keep it legal and know your future as a teacher, it's as simple as that.

If you require a teaching position in China we are a teacher friendly organisation that works in partnership with another employer in China. There is no cost for teachers and schools will be contacting you within 24 hours from the initial Skype call you will need to make to collect more information on which type of school you require, what type of salary you expect and also when you would like to start. To proceed with the job search please contact us on our contact form at www.eslteachabroad.com. It's a great time to search for employment in September due to the new school year and also the end of long summer holidays.

ESL Teach Abroad Admin

For further information Pm Admin
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 04:38:28 AM by AirWalk »